Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education & Care Setting
HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education & Care Setting Course
Responder1’s HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting Public Course is approved by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and also satisfies all requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management, and emergency asthma training under the Education and Care Service National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations.
Responder1 can provide training onsite at any time, business or after hours & weekends no matter where the location is or you can attend one of Responder1’s First Aid public courses held at our Wollongong Safety Training Centre in Wollongong. Responder1 conducts First Aid courses in Wollongong every week.
So contact us now and discuss your needs, let the team at Responder1 show you how we can meet your needs with our unique CPR & First Aid training solutions.
Responder1’s public course calendar is located HERE, please refer to this calendar for public course dates, bookings are essential.
For training onsite at your business please Contact us with your details and we will work with you to provide training.
Key Course Topics include:
- Regulations and definitions of asthma and anaphylaxis
- CPR techniques on infants, children and adults
- DRSABCD, including the trained use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Incident reporting in a child care setting
- Child Physiology
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- First Aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Managing medical conditions such as epilepsy
- Infection control procedures
- Legal responsibilities of a First Aider
- Managing shock
- Pre learning workbook or online module to be completed prior to face to face training if you have not done this first aid course before or your qualification has expired.
- 8 hours face to face training
- Participants will be required to complete activities that may include written assessment, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
- There is a physical requirement to be able to demonstrate at least a 2 minute uninterrupted cycle of CPR on adult manikin with the manikin having to be on the ground. We are bound by Australian Government standards that are within these courses. If a student is unable to satisfy this requirement they cannot be deemed as being competent and therefore not be able to be issued with a statement of attainment for the CPR component.
Participants will receive a nationally accredited Workcover approved qualification upon successful completion of this course. The qualification is HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting and incorporates HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide CPR.
Certificates should be issued (emailed) within 24hr-76hrs of completion of course, as long as all paperwork for the course is completed and/or full payment has been made.
Three years from the date of your course. It is recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Course that you update your CPR every 12 months.
Cost of Course
Please see our public course calendar for dates and costs
For onsite courses, please contact us and discuss your needs.