Responder1 Confined Space Courses
Responder1’s Confined Space courses are nationally accredited competency based training that has a balance of theory and practical elements of working in & around a confined space.
What is a confined space?
According to the Safe Work Australia Code of Practice, a “confined space” means an enclosed or partially enclosed space that:
- is not designed or intended primarily to be occupied by a person; and
- is, or is designed or intended to be, at normal atmospheric pressure while any person is in the space; and
- is or is likely to be a risk to health and safety from:
- an atmosphere that does not have a safe oxygen level, or
- contaminants, including airborne gases, vapours and dusts, that may cause injury from fire or explosion, or
- harmful concentrations of any airborne contaminants, or
Examples of confined spaces include (but are not limited to):
- Storage tanks
- Tank cars
- Process vessels
- Pressure vessels
- Silos and other tank-like compartments
- Pits and degreasers
- Sewer pump stations including wet and dry wells, shafts and ducts
- Shipboard spaces entered through small hatchways or access points, cargo tanks, cellular double bottom tanks, duct keels, ballast or oil tanks and void spaces
Confined space courses are recommended for:
- Workers who will be performing confined space work
- Electrical engineers
- Safety inspectors
- Safety personnel
- Injury prevention personnel
- Maintenance personnel
- Emergency services personnel (fire, ambulance, police)
- WHS officers
- Risk managers
- Mine managers
- Telecommunications and cable installation personnel
- Lift operators and installers
- Transport industry workers
Depending on the course you select for yourself or your staff will be trained in;
- how to enter a confined space safely
- confined space hazards & control measures
- confined space risk assessing
- working in accordance with a confined space permit
You or your team may also be trained further in or as competent gas & atmosphere testers, users of breathing apparatus, permit observers, CPR, operating fire extinguishers, permit issuers and confined space rescuers.
The advantage of attending or having Responder1 come to your location is all participants will take part in training that is state of the art. Responder1 conducts all confined space training on our mobile confined space simulator creating “real life” so participants are trained in a safe and secure environment.
Whether you’re looking for individual confined space training, for yourself, a family member or your entire work team, Responder1 can provide the right training solution for you.
Responder1 can provide training onsite at any time, business or after hours & weekends no matter where the location is or you can attend one of Responder1’s confined space public courses held at our Wollongong Safety Training Centre located at 76 Swan St, Wollongong. Responder1 conducts confined space courses in Wollongong every 2nd week.
All of Responder1’s confined space courses are facilitated by experienced emergency services officers, this means you get to learn from highly experienced paramedics, fire & rescue officers & professional ocean lifeguards, only the best!